Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year and Wedding, Part 1

First off, I want to say Happy New year! Hope the new year brings health and happiness to everyone!

This is my word for 2011.
Simplify.

I am going to make an effort to be happy with what I have, use what I have, organize myself a little more and enjoy the simple things that make me happy!

So, in the middle of Christmas celebrations we had a wedding to prepare for! Our middle daughter, Cassie and her fiance Chris, flew from Anchorage, Alaska to spend the Christmas holiday with us and to get married on the day after Christmas. These photos are from rehearsal on December 23rd.

Cassie chose The Historic Ballroom http://www.historicballroom.com/ in our town as the venue for her wedding. It is a beautiful old building that used to house the Elk's Lodge in town. Now it holds parties, weddings, and concerts.

This is the marble staircase leading up to the ballroom where Cassie and Chris got married.

Here is how Sara, the owner, dressed up the chairs. I love the bows.

This is the stage where Cassie and Chris got married.

Hannah and her niece, Lilly.

Hannah and her nephew, Jackson. Jackson was the ring-bearer. He was very tired. Rehearsals were late and he didn't have a nap. He was not a happy camper. I let him use my purse camera to take photos during rehearsals and he calmed right down.

Here is what Grandma Donnelly looks like in the eyes of a budding 3-year-old photographer. I love it!

Here is Rick walking Cassie down the aisle.

Here is the run-through. Our choice for Pastor, Jenn Miller, is a friend of ours. She did an amazing job!

That is about all for the rehearsal photos.

Have a great day!

Donnelly

No comments:

Post a Comment