Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I have decided to quit neglecting my blog! It has been a really long time, almost 2 years. I am going to start by sharing some photos that I took on the 4th of July. We always start off the holiday by attending the 4th of July parade in a little town about 15 minutes away from us.

 
This is our granddaughters, Sophie and Lilly
 
 
This is our grandson, Jackson showing off his patriotism
 
Later in the day, we head to our local college campus and set up a bbq party for friends and family. This year there was a pretty large thunderstorm that passed through and we were afraid that we would not get to see the fireworks. Thankfully, the storm died down just in time for the fireworks to go off.
 
 
The storm made for a pretty impressive sunset
 

And I even caught the double rainbow in the sunset!
 

 
My daughter, Hannah, and my granddaughter, Sophie, entertained themselves by being superheroes in the wind.
 
 
The grandkids had just enough time to make and eat one s'more before the storm hit
 


 
Hannah even got a bit of time to hoop at sunset
 
 
The grandkids got to light their sparklers
 


 
 And we enjoyed the fireworks!
 
 
Have a great day!
Donnelly

No comments:

Post a Comment