Saturday, May 01, 2010

Slide Scans from my Childhood

My mom gave me some money for my birthday, so I put a little money with it and bought myself a Film and Slide Converter by innovative technology.
There are some things that really drive me crazy about it. I have had to reload the software every time I plug it in. Visited their website, but it was not helpful. That being said I am still really glad that I got it. It has made me happy, made my mom happy enough to cry, and made both of my sisters happy. One of which I am not close with and we are now talking because I am sharing the photos with her.
A few years ago, my dad gave my youngest sister and me all of his slides from when we were little. There were over 400 of them! He quit taking slides in 1976. Then my mom dug through stuff and gave me as many of the negatives from our childhood as she could find that weren't destroyed in their basement flood last fall. I have noticed some from 1979. Hope there are some between 1976 and 1979, if not I am grateful for what I have!

Here are a few of my favorites of the ones I have scanned so far.


This is me (with the glasses), my sister Dana (on the left) and my sister Deon (on the right) circa 1974. This was the end of June in the mountains around Ely, Nevada.


This is my dad (I have always thought he looks like Elvis), Deon (my youngest sister on the left), Dana (my sister on the right) and me (on the far right) circa 1974. Same trip as the first photo.

This is my sister Dana and I circa 1971. The yellow knee socks make me so happy!

My sister Dana, my sister Deon, and Me circa 1972

This is me, my sister Dana, my sister Deon and my mom circa 1973

This is my mom and me circa April 1967. We both almost died the day I was born. My umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and I was blue and not breathing. My mom was hemorrhaging badly and almost died. That is why her arms are so bruised, from the hospital.

This is me and my Grammy Elsie, she is my dad's mom. Circa September 1967

This is my Grandpa Haines, me (on the left), Dana (on the right) and Deon (on the far right). We are "mooching" butterscotch lifesavers from him. My grandpa was my best friend for as long as I can remember. He died of a stroke on the 3rd of July 1991. But he knew my daughter Hannah was coming (her birthday was 01/06/92) and he was happy about it. We had told him in June that she was coming. One of these days, I will have to share Hannah's story about my grandpa. It is pretty amazing.

Thanks for indulging my trip down memory lane.

Have a great day!

Donnelly



No comments:

Post a Comment