Wednesday, February 03, 2010

We're home!

In all the confusion yesterday afternoon, I forgot to say that we are home! We were discharged at about 2:30 P.M.

I am so grateful to the following people who have helped us through this journey since Saturday night.

Dusty Blackburn-our E.R. Nurse-He was Jekyll and Hyde in the play Rick and Hannah were in in October by the same name. He took awesome care of my peeps! We couldn't have done it without him!

Tom Burby-an E.R. Nurse-The dad of one of Hannah's best friends, Candice. He has the same warm smile that his daughter has and the same delightful sense of humor! It was nice to have a little humor.

Shawna-our surgery day nurse. The most amazing young woman. Nursing is definitely her calling. Very funny and caring and warm! Even came to check on us when we were no longer her assignment!

Brittnie-our day two CNA. Again, an amazing young woman. Very caring. I think she checked on us more that any of her other patients. She got it! She understood that we just needed a friendly face.

Katrina and Rachel-our day two and three nurses. An amazing team of young ladies. Very caring and no nonsense, but not to the point that they weren't warm and caring. Tried their hardest to prod Rick into doing the things he needed to do to get to go home, such as walking, breathing exercises, eating, showering, sitting in a chair, coughing and so much more. Always on the ready to make sure Hannah and I as comfortable as possible.

We are doing really well today. I went to work today. When I got home, Rick took a shower all by himself. He even ate a real dinner. He hasn't eaten "real food" since Saturday afternoon. Lots of jello, broth, yogurt, eggs and pudding. Tonight he has managed to keep down Stroganoff!

I would like to thank all my family and friends for their prayers and support. I couldn't have done this without you all.

Love,
Donnelly

No comments:

Post a Comment